1. How much serum should I use?
Our serum is potent so do not overuse. A drop on each cheek goes a long way. You only need a very thin layer.
2. How quickly should I be seeing results with the Vitamin C Serum?
After 2-3 weeks you should notice a clearer complexion overall. You should see smoother skin tone and pores reduced with a glow to your skin. Depending on your skin, most products can take up to four weeks to have visible results especially if your skin is damaged or more mature. Vitamin C serums stimulate collagen growth over time, and just your skin has aged and damaged through time, the reversal effects will also take time.
3. How are Vitamin C serums able to penetrate deeper below the surface than other skin care products?
Unlike creams or moisturizers, serums are designed to penetrate deep into the pores and layers of the skin due to their molecular structure, which is why they're now the ideal choice for skincare regimes.
4. How should I be using my serum in conjunction with other skin care products?
1. Wash/cleanse Skin
2. Apply toner and allow to dry
3. Apply a thin layer of serum, allow to dry.
4. Moisturize skin.
5. Can your serum be used around the eye area?
Yes, our serum is very nourishing and can definitely be used around your eyes. It has shown to be highly effective for the delicate area around the eyes.
6. Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely not. We, at One Life Vest, love all animals, are animal advocates, and in no way support animal testing of any kind.
7. Do your products contain parabens, pabas or sulfate?
We make sure that none of our products contain parabens, pabas or sulfate and they never will. Our primary focus is providing natural and organic products, without the use of any harsh chemicals.
8. My product has not arrived from Amazon. What can I do?
You can track your product via your Amazon account by following the below steps:
1. Log in to your Amazon account
2. Find "Hello (name) Your Account"
3. Click on "Your Orders" in the drop-down menu
4. Find the order for your One Life Vest product and click on the big yellow button which says "Track Package"
This will show you exactly where your package is.
9. Can I make my own serums at home?
Serums are only effective on the skin if they're cold processed otherwise, the mixture won't be effective as a true serum created for the skin. This is why all our products are created under the scrutiny of scientists in a highly sophisticated laboratory. It is not possible for homemade remedies to have the same results, or molecular structures, therefore, doing very little to combat the signs of aging.
10. What are the ingredients in your Vitamin C Serum?
As mentioned before, our products, including our Vitamin C serum, uses totally natural and organic ingredients. We do not use alcohol or parabens. All of our products are created in a highly sophisticated FDA certified facility here in the US. The full list of ingredients include: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (Botanical Hyaluronic Acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Carbomer, (2S)-2-Amino-5-Guanidinopentanoic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Phenoxethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin
11. Is your Vitamin C serum of high quality?
Our Vitamin C Serum is one of the highest quality C Serums on the market today. We have compared it to other popular brands such as Obagi and Perricone and many of our customers have stated they prefer our C Serum over both Obagi and Perricone in their reviews. Naturally, everyone's skin is different some brands may work better for some people than others. Our serums are created in a state of the art, FDA certified facility, with years of testing and research to ensure our products are top quality, potent using all natural ingredients.
12. Why does One Life Vest choose to use Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate instead of L Ascorbic Acid?
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is proven to be much more stable and has a higher bioavailability than L Ascorbic Acid. Although lab tests have historically shown that LAA was the best form of Vitamin C serum for your skin, BASF scientists now reveal the latest test results discounting those findings. LAA is highly unstable and loses its potency rapidly unless mixed with harsh preservatives. Our unrivaled SAP formulation is more stable and potent than LAA, so much so that we provide 2-year shelf life guarantee without any harsh preservatives. This is guarantee no other Vitamin C serum can currently provide.
13. How long do your serums last?
Our lab creates our serums on a daily basis ensuring they are good for up to 2 years from the date of purchase. Because natural preservatives are used, rest assured there are no concerns about the serum oxidizing or going bad. Do remember to store your serum in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and sunlight. Make sure you leave the dropper tightly shut.
14. What is MSM?
MSM or Methylsulfonylmethane is found naturally in primitive plants. There are small traces of it in many food and beverage items, and is marketed as a dietary and beauty supplement. It is a naturally occurring nutrient which is found in most superfoods such as broccoli, cabbage, and Brussel sprouts. There is a myriad of reasons why we love MSM, but mostly because of its anti-inflammatory effects. It's also great for aiding skin cells in retaining their pliability and flexibility, and additionally, creates smoother and more hydrated skin.
15. Should I be using your serums in the morning or at night?
You can apply our serums once or twice a day. Remember to cleanse your skin prior to applying. If you have sensitive skin, you should only apply at night allowing your skin to heal during sleep.
16. What is the strength of your vitamin c serum?
Our vitamin c serum offers 20% Vitamin C, comprising more than 50% of the entire formula of ingredients.
17. Can I use your products if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Even though our products contain 98% natural and 72% organic ingredients, you should always ask your doctor before starting a new product while pregnant or breastfeeding. Doctors have different opinions when it comes to natural products, some will tell you to stay away from perfectly natural ingredients, but fail to warn against parabens, pabas, and propolyne glycol which is in almost every single product on the market. We always recommend you consult your doctor on this issue before using.
18. Why is my bottle not full?
Our bottles are filled to exactly 1 ounce, which is what our customers are paying for. If they were filled any more than they are you would be getting more than 1 ounce. Your bottle is filled with a machine which is a precise 1-ounce pour.
19. Does my serum need to be refrigerated?
Our serum does not require refrigeration for storage purposes, however, it does give you a lovely cool feeling when you apply it to your skin. The serum has a two-year shelf life whether you refrigerate or not as long as you do not store it in direct sunlight or heat.
20. What is the difference between Vitamin C Serum and Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
Vitamin C serum naturally protects your skin cells from free radical damage and aids cell regeneration. This provides better skin tone and minimizes skin discoloration by giving you the appearance of a brighter complexion. The HA serum helps in collagen production and by doing so, acts as a form of hydration by giving your skin a supple and more youthful appearance. Both offer maximum potency resulting in ultimate benefits to your skin.
21. When will my Order Arrive? Orders shipped via Standard Ground will usually arrive within 3-5 business days. Orders shipped via Expedited Shipping should arrive within 1-3 business days depending on the shipping option selected during checkout.
22. Do you ship to Alaska and Hawaii? We ship to customers in Hawaii and Alaska
23. Do you ship to APO/FPO address? We ship to APO and FPO addresses via the US Postal Service as long as a properly formatted Address is provided. Please see the Address Tips page for more info on how to properly format an APO/FPS address.
24. Do you ship International? We currently do not ship outside of the United States. International customers may contact us directly for any special orders
25. How do I track my order? (from Amazon) Orders shipped via a carrier offering tracking can be tracked by logging into your account. Customers will receive a UPS/FedEx tracking number on their Order Status Update e-mail. Please note some orders shipped by carriers with no tracking system will not offer this service. 1. Log in to your Amazon account 2. Click on "Hello (name) Your Account" 3. Click on "Your Orders" in the drop-down menu 4. Find the order for your One Life Vest product and click on the big yellow button which says "Track Package"
26. How do I return an item (from Amazon) 1. Log in to your Amazon account 2. Click on "Hello (name) Your Account" 3. Click on "Your Orders" in the drop-down menu 4. Click on "Return or Replace Items" 5. Follow the instructions to return the item